Sunday, May 08, 2005

Don't use FTD

Now, I understand that Mother's Day is the busiest time of year for these folks, but FTD has let me down in the biggest way.
I was ordering flowers three days before Mother's Day--not planning
way in advance, but I wouldn't say it was the last minute by any means. I ordered flowers from two "internet florists": FTD.com and ProFlowers.com. One of them got the job done--and done right. The other, and I bet you can guess which, did not get the job done--period.
Both florists didn't deliver on Sundays or Mondays, but you could have the shipments made on Saturday. You can pay extra for it, but they'll deliver on Saturday.
Or so they said.

It turns out that FedEx didn't allow FTD to ship any more packages on Saturday, so the rest would have to wait 'till Tuesday. Did they alert me to this? No. They alerted me to the fact that some of the arrangements weren't available in the zip code I wanted to ship to, but they didn't think it was important to let me know that the flowers I'm ordering for my future mother-in-law wouldn't be there until two days after Mother's Day.
And how do we learn about this? From Megan's mom when she calls to wish her a happy Mother's Day.
When I go to check the confirmation FTD had emailed me, it actually say
s "Delivery On: Tuesday 05/10/2005". Not even a "We're sorry, but is it OK if..." email. They just slipped the change into the confirmation in hopes I wouldn't notice.

So after waiting on hold with FTD customer service--which is OK, I know it's Mother's Day--I talked to a very nice and very professional customer service rep who unfortunately couldn't do any more than apologize and tell me that the shipping charges would be waived. I said thanks but no thanks. Just cancel the order.

I then looked up florists in Kennewick, WA on yellowpages.com, found one that could deliver today, and five minutes later had Mother's Day taken care of.

The moral of the story? I won't be using FTD ever again. There are plenty of great options out there that do the job even better. I recommend the following:
ProFlowers.com
Shelby's Floral & Gifts - Kennewick, WA - 509.735.9558

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home